The hair on your upper lip might be difficult to remove. Techniques that could be applied to other body parts might be too abrasive for this location.
Learn about gentler, more traditional, yet still natural ways of hair removal for the upper lip.
Both men and women frequently have hair on their upper lips. Extra hair growth may be caused by stress, a bad diet, or hormonal changes.
Causes Lip Hair Growth In WomenHormonal, genetic, or even a mix of the two may have a role in the phenomena of hirsutism, or the development of extra hair in females. Generally speaking, hirsutism affects 5–10% of females. The reasons of this illness are unknown, and study is continuing.
Ways to remove hair from the upper lip
Corn Flour And Milk
When you apply the cornflour and milk mixture to your skin, it will adhere strongly and may pull hair out with it when you peel it off. You will need 2 teaspoons of milk & 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- Combine the ingredients to form a paste, then apply it on the upper lip.
- Peel this mask off gradually after letting it dry.
When scrubbed off from the skin, the components in this pack could help clear pores and remove hair from the upper lip. According to anecdotal data, potatoes are a bleaching agent. The remaining resistant hair may get lighter as a result. You will need 1 tablespoon of potato juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of yellow lentils, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice & Water.
- Lentils should be soaked in water overnight.
- In the morning, strain them and blend them with freshly squeezed lemon and potato juice (from a shredded potato).
- Mix thoroughly after adding the honey to the paste.
- Apply this on the top lip, then wait 15 to 20 minutes before removing it.
- Scrub the paste off when it has dried. Use water to wash your face./li>
Honey And Lemon
Honey acts as a light wax and aids in removing hair from follicles. Lemon may help make the thin, difficult-to-wax strands lighter. You will need Warm water, Washcloth, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey
- On the top lip, apply a combination of honey and lemon juice.
- Keep it running for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In warm water, soak the washcloth.
- Use the water that has been squeezed out of the excess to gently wipe the honey-lemon paste away. Face-rinse with water.
With repeated applications, the sugar paste’s stickiness would yank hair out of their follicles and halt development. The skin is soothed with chamomile, which also contains anti-inflammatory qualities. After the waxing procedure, it will aid in reducing the little swelling in your skin. You Will Need Water, Waxing strip, Popsicle stick, 4 chamomile tea bags, 2 tablespoons of sugar & 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, bring the chamomile tea bags to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot. Give the tea bags around 30 minutes to steep.
- Half a cup of tea should be poured, and the tea bags should be discarded.
- A pot should have a cup of water in it. The chamomile tea you just extracted will benefit from some water.
- Lemon juice and sugar are added. Stir well.
- Give the mixture a few minutes to come to a boil. Watch the color till it becomes darker.
- After turning off the heat, pour the mixture into a basin. Allow the sugar wax to cool. Avoid applying it to heated skin, and take care not to burn yourself.
- To apply it to your top lip, use a popsicle stick.
- Onto it, apply a waxing strip. Hold it for a short while, then swiftly remove it off. Make careful to tug against the direction that the hair is growing.
Lemon And Sugar
Lemons have acids in them that are bleaching and lighten the hair on the top lip. Sugar aids in skin exfoliation and loosens hair follicles, making it simple to pull them out. You Will Need 1 tablespoon of sugar & 1 lemon
- Lemon should be squeezed before sugar is added. Stir well until a paste forms.
- Apply the paste evenly around the top lip.
- After fifteen minutes, rinse it off with water.
One of the simplest and easist ways to remove hair from the upper lip is this. When the mask is peeled off, the hair may be readily removed since the use of the pack loosens up the hair follicles. However, there is no scientific support for this practice, which is based only on anecdotal experience. You Will Need 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of wheat flour & A pinch of turmeric
- Make a thick paste by combining all the ingredients.
- Wait for the paste to dry after applying it to the upper lip region.
- After drying, pull the mask off gradually.
- Use water to rinse the area.
Yogurt, Honey, And Turmeric
A smooth, gooey combination made of yogurt, honey, and turmeric will help you get rid of the extra hair on your upper lip. The hair on the upper lip falls out of the follicles as a result of this scrape. You Will Need 1 teaspoon of yogurt, A pinch of turmeric & 1 teaspoon of honey.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, and turmeric.
- This paste should be applied to the upper lip.
- Be patient for 15 to 20 minutes. Gently scrub it away.
- Use cold water to clean the area.
MIMI (Multi ion mask insert)
- Can be worn with any facemask and provides additional heavy-duty protection.
- Adult & Youth Sizes Available
A common element for painless hair removal is sugar. It not only gets rid of undesirable hair but also stops it from growing back. It will also help to smooth the skin by acting as an exfoliator. You Will Need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar & A soft piece of cloth.
- For one minute, heat the sugar in a pan.
- It will thicken after you add the fresh lemon juice and whisk it in.
- Give it time to cool.
- Apply the sugar-lemon juice concoction to the area above the lip.
- Put some cloth over the paste that has been applied. Circularly rub the area.
- Quickly remove it in the opposite direction of the hair’s development.
When combined with a liquid, gelatin binds together and functions as a peel-off mask. Its ability to stick once sticky may aid in clearing the strands from its follicles.You Will Need 1½ tablespoons of milk & 1 tablespoon of unflavoured gelatin.
- In a dish, combine the gelatin and milk. Microwave the mixture for 10 to 12 seconds.
- On the top lip, apply the heated paste.
- Peel it off gently once it has dried.
The texture of egg white, which is similar to gelatin, makes it a great peel-off mask. It could push the hair out of its follicles when applied to the upper lip. You may easily remove delicate strands with this. This treatment might not be as efficient in removing hair from the top lip as other methods, though. You Will Need 1 teaspoon of cornflour, 1 egg white & 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and egg white in a bowl.
- The mixture should be whisked until it turns into a paste.
- Put some paste on your top lip.
- Peel it off after letting it dry for around 30 minutes.
Turmeric And Milk
A research investigation revealed that curcuma oil from a member of the turmeric family of plants decreased female axillary hair development. Thus, turmeric may aid in reducing the development of hair on the upper lip. You Will Need: 1 tablespoon of turmeric & 1 tablespoon of water or milk.
- Apply the turmeric paste to the upper lip after combining it with milk or water.
- Turn it on for 30 minutes.
- Once it has dried, gently wipe it off with water.
Does shaving affect hair regrowth?
Some people might be concerned that shaving their top lip would make their hair regrow darker, thicker, or more quickly. This is a widespread misperception, though.
Multiple studies have shown that shaving has little effect on hair thickness or growth rate, according to a 2007 BMJ report.
This misconception may be prevalent because shaving eliminates the delicate taper at the end of strands, making the remaining portion of the hair appear coarser. Because the sun hasn’t yet lightened the hair, newly grown hair after shaving may also seem darker.