Tailbone discomfort can cause serious mobility problems, including difficulties getting up from a seated posture, excruciating pain when using the bathroom, or even suffering. Hot or cold compresses, particular massage therapy techniques, the use of natural and essential oils, and other approaches are among the home remedies for treating tailbone pain that we will cover here. Continue reading to find out more about each cure you can use to alleviate the excruciating pain that is negatively affecting your wellbeing.
Tailbone pain can cause serious mobility problems, such as difficulties sitting down, excruciating pain when using the bathroom, or even pain when getting up from a seated posture. Hot or cold compresses, particular massage treatment techniques, the use of natural and essential oils, and some more procedures that we explain below are examples of home remedies for tailbone pain. Continue reading to find out more about each treatment option you might use to reduce the intense pain that is negatively affecting your well-being.
What Is Tailbone Pain?Coccydynia is the medical word for pain near the tailbone. Trauma, such as a fall or injury sustained while participating in contact sports, extended sitting, degenerative conditions, delivery, or a bone spur can all contribute to this problem. When sitting, getting up from a seated posture, or standing for an extended period of time, tailbone pain can become acute. Tailbone pain typically feels dull or achy.
Causes Of Tailbone Pain
The most painful conditions for the lower back and tailbone are injuries.
Accidental falls frequently result in tailbone injuries. The most frequent cause of tailbone injuries is probably falling while sitting and hurting your back on the hard ground.
The tailbone can occasionally be hurt by direct impacts, such as those that happen during contact sports.
Even pregnancy can result in damage or a tailbone fracture. Throughout the many trimesters of pregnancy, tailbone discomfort is frequent.
The repetitive action involved in sports like bowling, cycling, and rowing can lead to tailbone injuries.
Use Coccydynia PillowCoccydynia pillows can also be used to ease back discomfort. A space for your tailbone has been cut out of this particular cushion. As your tailbone recovers, the doughnut- or U-shaped pillow lowers pressure, allowing you to sit while lessening pain and averting further injury.
Take Epsom Salt Bath
One of the natural treatments for tailbone pain is an Epsom salt soak. They have a profound relaxing effect on the body. By lessening the strain on the back muscles, they ease discomfort. Furthermore, it helps the body’s cleansing process.
How to use an epsom salt bath to relieve tailbone pain?
- Put warm water in the bathtub. Epsom salts are added in two cups.
- To ensure that the salt is distributed evenly, stir slowly.
- Spend 10 to 15 minutes soaking your body in this water.
Increase Vitamin Intake
Deficit in vitamins B6, B12, and D can also result in tailbone pain.
A healthy skeleton requires vitamin D, and deficiency can result in excruciating bone problems. It works in conjunction with calcium to support and preserve the health of the skeleton, according to a number of compelling studies.
Bone health is benefited by vitamin B. You’ll have a lesser chance of developing tailbone discomfort if you consume enough of these vitamins.
Get lots of sun if you already experience tailbone pain. Eating meals like chicken, green peas, cheese, whole grains, soy, eggs, legumes, and other similar items is also advised.
Use Castor Oil
How may tailbone pain be treated with castor oil? in order to
- Castor oil should be warmed in a small pot.
- Wrap the bandage over the lower back after applying this warm oil there.
- Repeat this process every night until the tailbone and lower back pain go.
The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil will hasten your recovery. It works well to relieve pain brought on by infection because it is an antibacterial agent.
Massage for Tailbone Pain
You can get rid of the signs and symptoms of a hurting tailbone by massaging the affected area.
Using massage oil, rub the affected area for 30 minutes. For a better massage, use gentle pressure. To get rid of tailbone pain as quickly as feasible, repeat the procedure twice daily.
Hot or Cold Packs for Tailbone Pain
One of the most popular treatments for a hurting tailbone is hot or cold therapy. According to research, applying heat or cold to the tailbone region might reduce inflammation and hasten the healing process.
What must you accomplish? For around 15 minutes, apply an ice pack or a hot water bottle to the injured area. The pack can be used up to four times per day. You might also be able to get the same effects using heating pads and hot baths.
Exercises for Tailbone PainAdditionally, you can get rid of a sore tailbone by doing particular stretches or exercises. I’ll discuss a couple stretches for pain alleviation next.
Single Leg Knee Hug
To perform knee hug:
- With your back on the ground, lie down.
- One leg is flexed toward your chest.
Straighten your feet out if you can manage it.
- Gently lower the bent knee into the chest while holding on to it.
- 30 seconds of holding, then swap sides and do it again.
MIMI (Multi ion mask insert)
- Can be worn with any facemask and provides additional heavy-duty protection.
- Adult & Youth Sizes Available
How might the child’s position be performed to ease tailbone pain? in order to:
- Kneel with your knees apart and lean back on your heels.
- Lay down both of your hands.
- Now, steadily advance your body forward while keeping your head lowered.
- Until the arms are fully extended, steadily advance.
- If you can, lower your forehead to the ground.
- Rest in this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
Thread the Needle
How can thread the needle stretches be used to treat tailbone pain? This is how to do it:
- Your feet should be flat on the ground as you lay on your back with your knees bent.
- Your left ankle should be resting across your right knee.
- Loop your hands over your right thigh and bring it toward your chest for 30 seconds.
- Continue with the other leg.
When to Consult A Doctor?
You should consult a doctor if your pain is severe if you aren’t finding any relief from at-home remedies. To find the reason, treat it, and rule out any other issues, a doctor might check the area and, if necessary, perform more testing.
Any of the following symptoms warrant an immediate visit to the doctor.
- enduring constipation. Leg numbness or tingling
- a rapid worsening of inflammation or pain
- loss of bladder or bowel control
Pain in the tailbone is unpleasant. However, it is only momentary. Try some DIY treatments. Utilize cold packs, take hot baths, and stand more often. Meditation and excellent posture maintenance can assist in avoiding further tailbone pain issues.