Making healthy pregnancy meals can be difficult between morning sickness, wild cravings, and fatigue.
Pregnancy is the time when women have several food cravings and love to try different types of foods. Knowing some nutritious yet delicious recipes for pregnant women could help satisfy the cravings and ensure good pregnancy health. With the wild cravings and unpredictable meal timings, it may get challenging to stick to a healthy diet during pregnancy. Nevertheless, it would be best to choose a well-balanced diet to ensure a healthy and stress-free pregnancy.
Healthy Recipes For Pregnant Women
Banana Walnut Pancakes
- 1/2 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 Tbsp of baking powder
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- ¼ th cup of banana puree
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp of wheat bran
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 Tbsp of castor sugar
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Add ½ a cup of water and mix well.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add a ladle of the mix. Spread it evenly to make a pancake. Toss and cook it on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with banana slices and honey.
- 1 Tbsp finely of chopped garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp of chili powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3/4thcup of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- Soak the kidney beans in water and leave it overnight. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add chopped onions. Cook until it turns transparent.
- Then add garlic, tomatoes, salt, chili powder and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add beans, water and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Let the kidney beans cool then them to a blender and churn.
- Heat the soup and add lemon juice. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Apple And Lettuce Salad With Melon Dressing
For The Dressing:
- Pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup of muskmelon purée
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin seeds (roasted)
- 3 Tbsp coriander (chopped)
For The Salad:
- 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp of chopped grapes
- 1 Tbsp of chopped spring onions
- 1 cup of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of cabbage
- 1/4thcup of grated carrot
- 1/4thcup of red and yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup of chopped apples
- Put cabbage, carrots, lettuce and pepper in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and refrigerate the vegetables.
- Toss the apples in lemon juice and refrigerate. Combine lettuce, carrots, cabbage, peppers, bean sprouts, spring onions, grapes, salt in a bowl and mix gently. Blend the dressing ingredients and add them to the salad. Toss well and serve.
Chicken And Tomato Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato pasta sauce
- Pepper Powder
- 350 grams of dried penne pasta
- 100 grams of snow peas
- 500 grams of chicken breast filets
- Cook the pasta by following the directions on the packet.
- Add the snow peas in the pasta while cooking.
- Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan cook the chicken filets until tender. Let them cool for ten minutes and then cut diagonally.
- In another pan, heat the pasta sauce and add the pasta. Then add the chicken pieces and mix it well. Serve hot.
Chicken Salad Wraps
- 4 cups of shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 2/3rdcup of chopped scallions
- 2/3rdcup of slivered fresh mint
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1/3rdcup of Tabasco sauce
- ¼th cup of sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼th Tbsp of crushed red pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a bowl add Tabasco sauce, sugar, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Wrap the tortillas in a foil and heat for ten minutes.
- In a large bowl add chicken, lettuce, tomato, carrot, mint and scallions. Mix the ingredients well. Add the dressing to the chicken mixture.
- Place the chicken mixture on the tortillas and serve.
MIMI (Multi ion mask insert)
- Can be worn with any facemask and provides additional heavy-duty protection.
- Adult & Youth Sizes Available
Peanut Butter And Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of oats
- 20 dates (pitted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of peanuts (roasted)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- Add oats, peanut butter, peanuts, sunflower seeds, oats, and dates in a blender and churn.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla essence, and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the peanut mixture and blend again to make a coarse paste.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips. Grease a baking pan. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 35 minutes at 200 degrees F. Let it cool before you cut it into bars.
Broccoli And Baby Corn Stir-Fry
- 1 Tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp of corn flour
- A pinch of sugar
- ½ Tbsp of Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- 3/4 cup of broccoli
- 1/3rdcup of baby corn
- 1/3rdcup of capsicum
- 1/3rd cup of onions
- 2 Tbsp of French beans
- 8 toasted cashews
- In a wok, heat oil over a high flame. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add and stir-fry the remaining vegetables.
- Mix corn flour with ½ a cup of water and add to the vegetables.
- Then add seasoning and cook for a minute. Serve hot with toasted cashews.
- ½ Tbsp of Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp of grated processed cheese
- 1 ½ cups of cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- Melt the butter in a wok, add the onions and sauté it.
- Add capsicum and cabbage into the pan and cook until tender.
- Add rice and seasoning. Mix well. Garnish with cheese and serve.
Banana Yogurt Muffins
- 1 egg
- 2/3rd cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 ¾ cup of flour
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Sift the flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add egg, oil, yogurt, and banana puree in a bowl. Mix it well. Then gradually add the flour and sugar mix. Stir well.
- Grease a muffin pan and add the mixture to it. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.