Yes it does.
- It is not the reheating that causes the problem but the way the rice is stored before it is reheated.
- If the rice is leftstanding at room temperature, the spores can grown into bacteria.
- Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium that can cause food poisoning.
You may experience vomiting or diarrhea about 1-5 hours after eating rice containing Bacillus cereus bacteria.
Tips on serving rice safely:
- Serve the rice as soon as it is cooked
- Keep rice in the fridge for no more than 1 day until reheating.
- Do not reheat rice more than once.